TO REGISTER: Scroll down to register for the Thursday Prenatal Yoga classes at Nirvana Yoga studio in Easthampton or for the Monday "Yoga for Birth" classes at the Cooley Dickinson Midwifery Center in Northampton where I will be subbing for Arden Sundari Pierce for six weeks in March and April 2017. You will be able to check a box for your preferred yoga class location when you register.
Nirvana Yoga is a beautiful studio easily accessible to the Hilltowns and the Pioneer Valley, and our students come from Easthampton, Westhampton, Northampton, Amherst, Holyoke, Westfield, Springfield and West Springfield. Classes are held in six-week sessions ($90.). Drop-ins are welcome, ($18) just call ahead to reserve a space. 413-977-8037.
In March and April 2017, I will be teaching a six-week session ($90) of Arden Sundari Pierce's "Yoga for Birth" class at the Cooley Dickinson Midwifery Center on Monday evenings from 6-7:30 p.m. Drop-ins are welcome, ($18) just call ahead to reserve a space. 413-977-8037.
JOIN US THURSDAYS FROM 7:00- 8:15 p.m. AT NIRVANA YOGA, 384 MAIN STREET; EASTHAMPTON, MA
Spring Session I: 3/2/2017 to 4/6/2017.
Spring Session II: 4/13/2017 to 5/18/2017.
JOIN US MONDAYS FROM 6-7:30 p.m. AT THE COOLEY DICKINSON MIDWIFERY CENTER.
Spring Session: 3/13/2017 to 4/17/2017
Registration is EASY and REQUIRED! Please scroll down to register.
REASONS TO PARTICIPATE IN A PRENATAL YOGA CLASS.
Pregnancy is a uniquely transformative time, physically, emotionally and spiritually. In offering prenatal yoga, my goal is to maintain a comfortable and contemplative environment for you to connect with the many aspects of your changing self and your changing life. I hold open a quiet, peaceful space where you can step out of your busy life and take time for yoursel
- Yoga strengthens muscles, increases stability, improves circulation, aid digestion, and increases overall comfort.
- Yoga can also alleviate many of the discomforts of pregnancy such as nausea, swelling, insomnia, hip pain, and back pain.
- By moving the spine and moving the breath, you'll increase energy and find more space in your body to breathe.
- Prenatal yoga also helps relieve anxiety and depression according to a 2012 study, offering an alternative to medications and perhaps lessening the chances of recurrence of mood disorders in the postpartum time.
- Yoga offers the perfect forum for pregnant women, and many women take their first yoga classes during pregnancy.
If you have questions, please contact me at 413-977-8037.
Nancy completed her 200-hour yoga teacher training with Mama Nirvana's New Yoga and received specialized prenatal yoga teacher training at Kripalu with Jacci Reynolds. She is a registered Yoga Alliance teacher, a labor and postpartum doula, and is trained in prenatal and postpartum Thai Yoga bodywork.