TO REGISTER: Scroll down to register for the Thursday Prenatal Yoga classes at Nirvana Yoga studio in Easthampton.
Nirvana Yoga is a beautiful studio easily accessible to the Hilltowns and the Pioneer Valley, and our students come from Easthampton, Westhampton, Northampton, Amherst, Holyoke, Westfield, Springfield and West Springfield. We are having a four-week series of classes starting May 5th ($60.) Drop-ins are welcome, ($18) just call ahead to reserve a space. 413-977-8037.
JOIN US THURSDAYS FROM 7:00- 8:15 p.m. AT NIRVANA YOGA, 384 MAIN STREET; EASTHAMPTON, MA
Six Thursdays: 9/7/2017 to 10/12/2017
Registration is EASY and REQUIRED! Please scroll down to register.
REASONS TO PARTICIPATE IN A PRENATAL YOGA CLASS.
Pregnancy is a uniquely transformative time, physically, emotionally and spiritually. In offering prenatal yoga, my goal is to maintain a comfortable and contemplative environment for you to connect with the many aspects of your changing self and your changing life. I hold open a quiet, peaceful space where you can step out of your busy life and take time for yoursel
- Yoga strengthens muscles, increases stability, improves circulation, aid digestion, and increases overall comfort.
- Yoga can also alleviate many of the discomforts of pregnancy such as nausea, swelling, insomnia, hip pain, and back pain.
- By moving the spine and moving the breath, you'll increase energy and find more space in your body to breathe.
- Prenatal yoga also helps relieve anxiety and depression according to a 2012 study, offering an alternative to medications and perhaps lessening the chances of recurrence of mood disorders in the postpartum time.
- Yoga offers the perfect forum for pregnant women, and many women take their first yoga classes during pregnancy.
If you have questions, please contact me at 413-977-8037.
Nancy completed her 200-hour yoga teacher training with Mama Nirvana's New Yoga and received specialized prenatal yoga teacher training at Kripalu with Jacci Reynolds. She is a registered Yoga Alliance teacher, a labor and postpartum doula, and is trained in prenatal and postpartum Thai Yoga bodywork.