JUNE 2017 NURTURE THE MOTHER WORKSHOP AND RETREAT
(Scroll down to register.)
Join us from 8:30 a.m - 3:30 p.m. at Montague Retreat Center on Wednesday, June 7th for a workshop and retreat. The space is magical. Our speakers are dynamic. There will be time for yoga and a walk.
This will be our third workshop within a year! We discuss nutrition, acupuncture, mental health, partner relationships, pelvic health and physical therapy during the postpartum as a way for mothers to rebuild, replenish and recover, optimizing their health and well-being. We dive deeper into these issues. Links to summaries from our past two workshops are below.
- Women who are pregnant, thinking about becoming pregnant, or who are living the postpartum experience.
- Professionals and practitioners whose practice will benefit from an increased understanding of women in the childbearing year, particularly issues of postnatal depletion and postnatal recovery including doulas, midwives, nurses, physicians, childbirth educators, therapists, nutritionists, physical therapists, acupuncturists and body workers.
Our goals for the June 2017 workshop are to:
- Discuss the physiologic impact of pregnancy.
- Explore how to nurture and reinforce your partner relationship when “two becomes three.”
- Learn effective ways to optimize your healing and support in the postpartum time
- Listen, share and learn from each other in a safe and magical space.
Please plan to bring your lunch. Tea and water will be available.
Fee: $47 if registered and paid by June 1st. $55 after June 1st.
Recommended reading: Dr. Oscar Serrallach identified the issue of postnatal depletion and developed a comprehensive approach for recovery. He’s brilliant and I can’t wait until his book, Mothermorphosis: Your Revolutionary Guide to Post-Natal Transformation comes out later this year. Until then, here are some recommended reading links.
Postnatal Depletion, click here
Your Babymoon supported by a Babymoon Shower, click here.
Fall 2015 Babymoon Workshop Summary, click here.
Spring 2016 Babymoon Workshop Summary, click here.